HOW MANY BOOKS DO I NEED? – this is a question I get asked all the time. And the answer is… it depends.
So, whether you’ve got 1 book, 15 books, or 50+ books, there’s an answer for you in today’s video.
I’ll also talk a little about Mark Dawson’s Self Publishing 101 training program, which opens TODAY at 5pm Eastern (US). This is a fantastic foundation course for anyone who needs help getting to the point where they can start implementing some of the more advanced marketing strategies – and is an essential step on the road towards full-time authorship (author-ing? author-eering?).
I’ve also got an exclusive bonus course for anyone who enrolls using my link (Mark will send me commission – you don’t pay extra – but it’s only fair you get something in return).
Here’s what’s inside the course:
Module 1 – Build your Platform
We’ll kick off with a look at the basic building blocks that will comprise your author platform: your website, your mailing list and your social media presence. We’ll move on to consider how best to communicate with your new list subscribers.
Module 2 – Pre-publication
Everything you need to know in order to give your book the best chance of success, including:
- front and back matter (what you need and don’t need);
- book cover design (with Mark’s designer, Stuart Bache, who has worked for John Le Carré and Stephen King);
- writing killer blurbs;
- metadata tips for improving your book’s visibility in search;
- effective Amazon author pages;
- polishing your book’s product page;
- choosing a reader magnet;
- building a high converting landing page for your mailing list;
- delivering the reader magnet; and
- the cost of publication.
Module 3 – Amazon Exclusive or Wide?
Do you go exclusive with Amazon or maximise readership by going wide?
Module 4 – Go Exclusive
If you are with Amazon (and you will be, in some capacity) you’ll need to know about:
- KDP Select bonuses and benefits;
- the algorithm; and
- a timetable for the first 90 days of an exclusive book’s life.
Module 5 – Go Wide
Strategies for going wide, including:
- How to leverage a catalogue of books;
- permafree, why and how you should do it;
- merchandising opportunities at the other retailers; and
- a timetable for the first 365 days of your book’s life.
Module 6 – Generating Traffic
How to send thousands of potential readers to your books’ pages and offers, including:
- the equation to turn a browser into a superfan;
- organic traffic, and how to maximise it;
- paid traffic with simple Facebook list building ads;
- paid traffic from the email service companies
- how to use Prolific Works to build your mailing list; and
- a session presented by BookBub on how to use their amazing Featured Deals and Ads.
Module 7 – Advance Teams and Launching
We’ll look at how to optimise our mailing lists so that we can put out the best book that we possibly can, and then sell it, including:
- advance teams, and how it can revolutionise your career;
- due to popular demand, a detailed look at Mark’s launch sequence (with a couple of tricks he’s never revealed before); and
- walk-throughs of the precise emails Mark uses when I’m launching.
Module 8 – Getting Reviews
The perennial question: how do I get reviews? Mark will lay out how he does it.
The Tech Library
Detailed, step-by-step screenflows where you can watch Mark’s screen as he takes the platform and book of his intrepid guinea pig, James Blatch (his co-host on the Self Publishing Show) and the tools that they use:
- building a website, from start to finish (including hosting and building with SquareSpace, WordPress and Wix);
- setting up MailChimp (beginner level) and ConvertKit (intermediate)
- BookFunnel and Prolific Works;
- setting up your FB page and ad account;
- formatting with Vellum, the Reedsy book editor and Draft2Digital.
All sessions are fully transcribed and come with downloadable PDF cheatsheets.
And – of course – you’ll also get my bonus course – Rock Your Book Launch – which breaks down how to use the “big three” advertising platforms (Facebook, Amazon, and Bookbub) and “Your First Six Figure Launch” which breaks down how to run a launch or promotion with email – to boost your results during a launch or promotion.
It’s the perfect addition to Mark’s material and will help get you results just that little bit faster 🙂
^^ You’ll also find a bunch of videos and student testimonials on that page – so you can be sure the course is right for you. Your bonus from me will be delivered within 48 hours (we have to get the info from Mark’s team – so just make sure you use a link from me and we’ll be able to track you!)
To your success!
- Interested in Mark Dawson’s Self Publishing 101 Program? Check out some past student stories here
- Or, check out the full enrollment page right here – opens Wednesday 23rd September at 5pm Eastern
- Not on my mailing list? Join up here and get updates (and cool stuff)